Canvas print Vs Photo Prints
Is it all depends on your personal tastes and preferences, budget, interior design, and location where the photograph will be hung? In short Canvas Prints last more than 100 years and it's waterproof. Canvas will give depth to the pictures so it looks like a lively picture.
You will find the Advantage and disadvantage of photo prints vs Canvas prints below.
Canvas Painting printed on Canvas
Photo Printing on paper is the traditional way of displaying a photograph, and it certainly has an aesthetic quality that is unique and well understood. It is also printed with a 4800 resolution printer which produces hi-resolution photos.
In short, if you go for Canvas Prints which has its own test. Canvas will give you depth where Photo print will show you flat structure.
Advantage of Photo Prints
- Traditional look and appeal
- Black and white prints excel on fibre-based papers
The disadvantage of Photo Prints:
- glare and reflections from light
- perception of being separated from the print (becomes much more apparent when you experience the same photograph as a canvas)
- Will not give depth to the photo
- frames need to match the decor of home or office (colour of the frame should match wall colour)
The advantage of Canvas Prints:
- Do not exhibit any glare or reflections as canvas comes with matte option
- weigh much less than framed prints Canvas w/ Floater Frame Multi-panel Canvas. It is also very easy to fix on the wall
- much easier and economical to create extremely large sizes (up to 40" x 100") which last more than 100 years.
- canvas prints provide a frameless presentation which creates a window into the scene
- creates a painterly effect that is very pleasing while printing original painting. Even you can feel brush strokes on the Canvas wall painting
- Can be installed in semi-humid environments (bathrooms) as its a waterproof
- lack of frame blends well into any style decor in-home or office as it suits on any wall
- can be placed into wood floater frame for a finished look
- creative multi-panel options available to split the single panoramic photo into multiple frames.
Canvas Prints disadvantage:
- the texture of canvas can sometimes be distracting (Required on hi-resolution photo to print as it prints with hi details on the Canvas
- the photograph cannot be changed